Monday 24 November 2008


I've been busy, busy, busy today.....too much to do and not enough time to do it!


I thought I was off to a good start setting the alarm clock a whole half hour earlier - it should have been plain sailing! Things started to go pear shaped as soon as we got downstairs and SLA headed out to the garage to bring our guinea pig (Johann) and our new wabbit(Redding) back into the garden. It was a cold night last night so we left them in the garage for a bit of warmth......SLA is such a sweet, soft hearted chappy, he left music on for them until we went to bed and then left a battery powered light up ghost for them in case it was too dark...bless. Anyway, by this morning, all hell had broken loose - the wabbit had escaped! The shop had warned us he's a bit of an escape artist but this was his first houdini job since we got him home. He was easy enough to catch, big white furball that he is, but by the time I'd rounded him up, got him back, refilled the food bowl etc etc I was back to my usual late running........


Anyway, after dropping the Bean off at school I came home and got some work done for one of my clients and then submitted my week 9 blog for Weightwatchers. Apparently it will go live from tomorrow!!! Fingers crossed!


I headed out and braved the supermarket - why do they get SO much busier on the run up to Christmas? Do most of these people not normally eat? I don't get it.....then came home, had lunch, did some more work, picked the bean up and so it goes on....and on....and on!


Hopefully, tomorrow will be spent in a more relaxed and chilled fashion......hmmm, who am I kidding? Something's bound to scupper that plan!

6 comments:

Pat Posner said...

It's amazing how pets so often 'scupper plans'. At least once you caught Redding wabbit you didn't have to keep 'keeping an eye' on him.
Whereas an almost 1 year-old pup who's been spayed and has got stitches and is supposed to be taking things easy and not running, leaping around and jumping on and off chairs... *sigh*
I have managed to blog today but that's near enough it writing wise.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I don't enjoy shopping at the best of times, but from now until Christmas (or around bank holidays) it's hellish.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely wabbit! Not sure I'd trust him with eyes like that, though :) hehe.

And why does 'life' get in the way when you have a lot to do?!?!?

Suzie x

Jayne said...

Pat - I hope your pup has calmed down! Bless, what is it with animals and children that they just don't 'do' relaxation?

Debs - normally I do enjoy shopping, even for the groceries, but I can see that I'm going to detest every supermarket moment until the end of the january sales now..harumph

Suzie - I know what you mean with his eyes, esp on that photo!! He's adorable really, honest! lol Just not when he's hopping round the garage!

Tiff said...

stopping in to say hello! :)

Dee said...

I find it amazing too that the shops get so busy, we don't shop any more than usual, so who ARE all these one time shoppers clogging the aisles????