Sunday 4 January 2009

Of doors and Opportunities



I hadn't realised how long it is since I last blogged! Ooops! I must admit to having fallen off the wagon in many ways over the last few weeks....the blog wagon, the WeightWatchers Wagon, the tidy house wagon....almost every wagon I had climbed aboard. Still, as we are now into the New Year I am slowly beginning the climb back up and hoping I've not lost too much ground!


It is with mixed feelings that I start 2009. I always love the New Year, I embrace the new start that it offers and new opportunities that it will undoubtably bring. I face it with hope, optimism and excitement. However, in the current financial climate I can't help but feel just slightly tinged with anxiety and worry. I found out a day or so ago that one of my major contracts has finished its contracts with some other writers and this is certainly preying on my mind. It has been a big help, both financially and professionally and I would certainly be sad to see it end. I am hoping that this will not be the case, at least not in the short term, but as I say, it is certainly on my mind at the moment.


Having said that, even if one door does close there are still many there to be knocked upon, many of which will open. I may not like what I find in some, I may not feel at home. Maybe I will learn to love these strange, challenging, new places and behind some doors I may find places that are instantly homely and comforting. One thing is for sure, a New Year brings new chances to find new places and new people and, as a freelance writer, that is an essential part of any possible success.


On the family front, all is well. The Bean and SLA are both fine and ready to head back to their respective schools. Christmas and the New Year went well, although very quickly and it's hard to believe that tomorrow we will take the decorations down again, it feels like we only just put them up!


I'm planning to blog more regularly again now and I can't wait to share 2009 with you :)

8 comments:

Annie Wicking said...

I hope you do keep your blog going as it's always fun sharing other people's live over a cuppa while they chat about whats going on


Thank you for dropping by my blog.

I hope you and your family have a great 2009

Best wishes
Annie

Jayne said...

Annie, thank you. Lovely of your to drop by :)

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Great post, and so true about doors opening. Here's to a productive and fun 2009.

Jayne said...

Debs - 2009 here we come!!!! :)

Carol Anne Strange said...

Stay positive and trust all will be well. That contract could keep going for a long time yet but there are always lots more opportunities. ;-)

BTW- I love the picture of the little fairy doors - I wonder what's inside each one? x

Jayne said...

Carol - thank you :) Those doors are wonderful aren't they? Apparently they are gnome doors! I love them!

HelenMWalters said...

I hope all the right doors open for you in 2009.

Jayne said...

Helen - thank you! Likewise for you :) Thanks for stopping by!