Tuesday 2 September 2008

My Little Friend

Well, here we are, as if the last 6 weeks hadn't happened in many ways. The Bean is in his new school.......in fact he should just be finishing up with his packed lunch... and all in all it wasn't as bad as last year! I made a pact with my eyes as we pulled up into the car park that any tears would be held back until I returned to the car. Thankfully they listened and kept their side of the bargain.

The Bean was a little quiet as he went to stand with his new class mates....it's not like him but is understandable. He waved to me as they filed up the stairs and into the school and my heart did a little somersault as I watched him walk into the unknown surrounded by all these people he had never met before. I slowly walked back down to the car and had a good cry before I turned the ignition key. It's daft really. All the things that would normally drive me mad I was missing. The thousands of questions.....the noise......the little hand pawing at me as I tried to get things done. Instead I had space, quiet and stillness....I missed my little friend.

Once home I busied myself about the house and despite spending ages on cleaning and tidying I don't seem to have even scratched the surface of what needs doing. After an hour and a half or so I decided enough was enough and put the kettle on and got out the laptop....I'm still here. Ooops. I must get some more done soon.

So that's the day so far. I'm clock watching a bit but am now starting to relax a bit more. I really hope he's making lots of new friends and having fun....I bet when I pick him up it'll be like getting blood out of a stone trying to get any information out of him too! Typical!

Well, I'm going to get some more work done now......only 2 and a half hours til I go pick him up. What a precious, noisy little lump he is!

1 comment:

Tiff said...

My eyes never listen to me..I can cry at the drop of bucket these days! I think that comes with being a mom who knows..Just dropping by and snooping on your blog...lol :)