Monday 29 September 2008

Ouch, yummy and I must be mad!

Ooooh the excitement, SLA is in the kitchen preparing my courgette for dinner! I'm sure it will taste divine since I grew it myself :)

I ended up back at the Dr's this morning since my throat is worse than ever. The pain is just never ending, everytime I swallow - OUCH! The antibiotics have made no difference at all so I thought I'd best go back. Not that it got me very far really......they've taken a swab, I get the results on Weds and I was prescribed some stronger pain killers and a mouthwash to gargle with....great, except the chemist didn't have the mouthwash. They said they'd have it by this afternoon so we went back. They didn't have it. It will be tomorrow lunchtime. Did I mention OUCH??!!!! I'm also a muppet for reading the leaflet that came with the tablets since I'll manage to convince myself I have all the side effects within 5 mins of swallowing the bloomin' thing.


I have followed Miranda's lead in her blog and have joined up for the the National Novel Writing Month. Yes, I am attempting to write a 50,000 word novel in just 1 month. November to be more precise. I'm looking forward to it although it's a scary thought too! I'm thinking 1613 words per day.......lol. Wish me luck! I'll try to post some excerpts as I go! You can sign up too at http://www.nanowrimo.org/ - the more the merrier!




Mmmmm, the smell emminating from the kitchen is GOOD! Can't wait to tuck in :) Will let you know how I go!

3 comments:

Dee said...

Good luck with your writing, sounds exciting!

Hope your throatsorts itself out.

Tiff said...

Sorry you are still not feeling well, hope the meds work soon for you! Good luck on your writing!! Looking forward to reading some of your excerpts.... :) have a great day!

Miranda Dickinson said...

Yay! Welcome to the worldwide team of crazy scribblers! NaNoWriMo is definitely a rollercoaster ride but I loved it last year. I'm listed on the site as Wurdsmyth - so if you fancy a writing buddy, look me up!

Hope the antibiotics kick the throat thingy for you - I've had a really bad cough for the past two weeks and it's doing my head in...

Thanks for the comments on my blog :o)