Saturday 4 October 2008

Autumn, work moves and sheep.




Autumn is definately here and I love it! OK, so the washing got rained on and the guinea pig's house blew down the garden but honestly it has some beautiful bits! The trees are just starting to turn the most amazing colours...those dark reds and oranges that are just stunning. I really must make the effort to keep noticing these changes, it's too easy to switch off, go into auto pilot and miss these gorgeous changes.

Tomorrow I have my last day in work before the BIG office move. We're moving offices next week and so by my shift next Sunday we'll be in the new place. It'll feel very strange - I've worked in this office for 9 years! Still, it's quite exciting. I'm taking the camera in with me tomorrow to document the day! lol

We've had a lovely day today. I needed some more photos and info for my VisitBritain articles so we headed out to a few places including an old abbey, a cafe on top of a mountain surrounded by wild sheep and a country park with lots of pig sculptures!! What a lovely day :)

Off to bed for me then, loooooong day in work tomorrow.....12 hours of broadcasting............with a STILL sore throat.......I'll be hoarse by tomorrow night!

Nos da :)

7 comments:

Hillary said...

::siiiigh:: Autumn. I love autumn, and for the very reason you mention: watching the changes, like the colors of the leaves. I love the smell of autumn, too. When I smell it, I'm suddenly a small child heading off for the first day of school for the year. That's always what it makes me think of and I love that feeling.

Living in Florida, I never get autumn anymore and I sorely miss it. I love Spring, too, because of all the newness of it, but Autumn is my favorite.

Jayne said...

I know what you mean with the smell, Hill. It's just wonderful :)

Pat Posner said...

Keep seeing you on other blogs I visit so popped over to say 'Hi'.

I'm going to Tiger Tiger on the
18th, so might see you there if you make it.

Hope your throat lasts the day!

Jayne said...

Pat - thank you. Touch wood it is holding out fairly well so far, with just under two and a half hours to go! Thanks for popping by :)

Still hoping to make Tiger Tiger so yes, might see you there.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I love Autumn too and thoroughly enjoy the changes that this season brings.

We moved office last year and it is rather strange, hope all goes well with your move and that your voice holds out.

Jayne said...

debs - thank you!! So far so good!!!!

Dee said...

Hope the move went ok, how's your throat?