Friday 3 October 2008

Friday's musings...


Friday already, wow the days just fly by. Still, I'm glad today is Friday as it means my SLA comes home from his school trip this afternoon. YAY! It will be lovely to have him back home :)

I've got a fair bit done this morning as I didn't let myself switch the laptop on until I'd got an hour of housework done. And it feels good, sitting here now, knowing that I'm not typing on stolen time. The sheets are drying beautifully on the line in the garden, the floors are hoovered and the kitchen sink is empty. Life is good!

So far, my blog has not appeared on the WW site. I'm not sure why although I believe the people who upload the pieces are based abroad and were on a national holiday until Tuesday. I suppose this must have put them back a bit. I'll have to check when the next blog is due since the first one hasn't been published yet. Maybe I won't have one to do for this coming Monday....which is just as well since I've managed to GAIN weight this week. I blame my sore throat, antibiotics, school trips and chocolate brownies!!! I'll blame anything but myself!

Today I need to get writing....I have 3 articles lining up for Visit Britain so I'll be attacking those first. I'm still looking forward to the NaNoWriMo in November. It'll be nothing short of a miracle if I manage the 50000 words but I'll give it a good go! I started Julia LLewellyn's book 'The Model Wife' last night and I'm really enjoying it.

One funny thing that the Bean came home with yesterday..... In school they had to write about things they like doing and things they would like to practice so that they can get better at them. He wrote that he liked riding his bike and playing cars and that he wants to practice OPENING PACKETS so that he can get better at it..... I don't think it's quite the answer they were looking for but, hey, he's practical! lol

Hwyl fawr!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

LOL at Opening Packets. lol He's too cute. Good thinking, little man.

Hope you have a good weekend with your SLA. ;)

I'm going to try to be good like you tomorrow morning and get some things done before I allow myself anywhere near a keyboard.

Jayne said...

I'm going to try to do things in that order more often too Hill!! I convince myself that work is on my laptop, which it is, but then spend WAY too long just faffing around on it and getting nothing done. I need to learn some self discipline!

Dee said...

Opening packets does take some practice... even now, as an adult, some drive me insane.
Cheers!