Monday 6 October 2008

Writing and Washing



Where's the sun gone? I'm sure it was out this morning as I traipsed into Sainsburys but now I want to hang my washing out it's nowhere to be seen!
The photo is one I took on Saturday up at Valle Crucis near LLangollen. It's a special place and I love this photo. I wanted to have our wedding here but it wasn't licensed to we couldn't. It would make a beautiful setting.


I've just been in touch with the WW team and they confirmed that there is a delay in getting my blog up onto the site so I'll just have to keep checking in to see when it appears! I've just submitted week two's piece so that's one box ticked for today's work.


I now have another 6 articles to write for VisitBritain so I'll be working on those tomorrow and I have a short story scribbled in my notebook that I want to get typed onto the laptop too. I don't know about you but I really do prefer writing with a good old pen and paper. Somehow I find it flows a lot better.......it's just I can't always make out my spidery writing at the end!


I'm feeling a little better than I was yesterday about my articles and short stories. I'm still a member of the Zero Confidence Club, you see. I can convince myself very easily that everything I've ever sent out to anyone has been binned and there's really no point in sending anything ever again.... In a moment of madness though I'm sure I will be strong and send out a few pieces. I think getting my new copy of the Writers and Artists' Yearbook will spur me on a bit.


Off to hang my washing out under the clouds (hummph) and shove some soup in the microwave for lunch before I get tempted by all things sweet and delicious.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, you are so lucky! I wish I lived somewhere with wonderful views! Here in PA it's just ugly and gross.

Good luck with all your publishing attempts! I've only sent a story out to one children's publisher, and it was agony waiting to hear back from them. (It was a no.)

Tiff said...

I love hanging my clothes out also! I have some nice views here in VA..but if I have what I want I will have some really nice views in a few months..if we move to Alaska...keep your fingers crossed for us! Glad you are feeling better!! :)