Wednesday 1 October 2008

Feeling all grown up

Finally, my thoat seems to be feeling a little better! Whooo! Typically it is the day that I finally have all the medication I was prescribed to help it and the day I can phone for the test results too. Marvellous.

I'm feeling very grown up today. SLA is away now until Friday on a school trip. It's cold and blowing a gale and yet he has to take his students to the middle of Welsh nowhere to learn how to make rafts, climb walls and generally get colder and wetter. Actually, it sounds like a lot of fun although so does curling up with a good book and a milky coffee.

So it's me and the little chap at home til then and I'm feeling all grown up and in charge! I don't spend much time home alone and it makes me proud that I can! I know that probably sounds daft as a lot of people spend time home on their own but I've never lived alone and it's still a bit of a novelty to me. I even bought some flowers this morning which I can see now...gladioli. I've never bought them before but they are beautiful.....good choice, me! I also bought ingredients for baking and so that's tomorrow morning sorted out. Can't wait.

I'm very excited that it is now October. The little girl within me always gets like this as my birthday is later this month. I REALLY want a Wii, and eventually Wii Fit but we'll have to see how the finances go and what the birthday bunny can manage. It looks such good fun. I love computer games of all kinds and I hope that combining that enjoyment with some of the more active games will help me along the road to weight loss.

Having said that, we're off for a pizza later on. Oh dear.......

1 comment:

Hillary said...

Sounds good...curling up with a book and a warm cup of something. I think if most people were honest we'd all admit that there are certain things that give us that sudden "wow, I feel so grown up" type of feeling from time to time.

Hope the baking goes well!

Maybe you should bake a pumpkin pie, throw it in a blender, and mail it to Sunshine. She's really got a hankerin' for pumpkin right now. lol