I am officially tearing my hair out. Why did noone every tell me this parenting jobby was so darn confusing, complicated and impossible??!!
Don't get me wrong, I love the bean to bits, that's why every decision just has me in pieces.
This time yesterday I was convinced we'd done the right thing bringing him out of school and back into the home full time and we have had a lovely day today with home ed friends. I've laid all the ground work for home schooling and not really thought about much else.
Until I got home.
There were two messages from the school on the answerphone. The first from his class teacher, the second from the deputy head. The second was in Welsh so I didn't understand it fully but SLA says that it's a very nice message and that they really want to sort this out and have him back.
Have him back.
HAVE HIM BACK? I'd forgotten that was an option.....and what if it is the right one?
This can't go on...this in school, out of school thing. He needs to be one or the other and it's easy to say go with what feels right but what if I truly don't know what is right? Because I don't. If I wrote a list of pros and cons there would be both on both lists.
It is such a major decision, one that will affect his life in such a huge way. SLA and I are going to talk it all over again tonight but it's ground we've been over so many times now. And neither of us are feeling 100% at the moment anyway. I've left a message on the school answerphone saying that one of us will certainly talk to them tomorrow so at least that's one decision made.
Any advice would be appreciated, as ever. I'm in a quandary.