Friday 31 October 2008

Exciting prospects...and too much food!

I'm back. We had a lovely time down in Cardiff over the last few days and I've come back on year older. It doesn't feel too bad.......thank goodness!

I came back to an inbox of 27 emails...we were only away for 3 days, I ask you! A couple of them were very interesting as it seems the publishing company are interested in my CV from last week. This would be my first book, if I get it. It's a factual one rather than fiction and is very exciting - and rather scary! I'll be sure to spill all the beans if it comes off! Keep your fingers crossed for me :)

I've got some more work to do for a consultancy business on Monday as well.......that should be fun since I've also booked for my friend to do my hair as well. My priorities are all upside down! Ooops! It's a nice feeling to come home to some work though - 12 months ago I never thought I'd get this far. Only 1 day to go to Nanowrimo as well! I really don't have any idea how far I will get. I haven't done anywhere near as much planning as I wanted to have done....it'll all be a bit by the seat of my pants.........eeeeek! We did stop off in a lovely tea room in llandeilo where I would happily sit and write the whole 50,000 words if they kept plying me with their latte and lemon drizzle cake - just scrumptious!

Today should have been weigh in day for weightwatchers but, thank God, they don't have scales in hotel rooms! I've eaten like a pig while we've been away, just so much more than I would have done at home. Don't get me wrong, I didn't completely lose the plot, I turned down dessert every night except my birthday and that was only a kulfi in the Indian so I haven't gone crazy but I still feel yucky and I am dreading getting on the scales in the morning. It will have to be done though. I have to record another WW blog to submit on Monday so I need to confess and clear my conscience so that I can move on and get back to where I was asap!

5 comments:

Dee said...

Glad you had a good time!

Hillary said...

Glad your writing's going well and that you've had a nice time away.

((hugs))

Pat Posner said...

Belated Happy Birthday greetings, Mummy.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for positive news on the factual book!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Glad to hear you had a great time and best of luck with NaNoWriMo.

Jayne said...

Dee - thank you! I certainly did :)

Hill - thank yooo! I'll keep you updated!

Pat - Thank you! it's exciting! Anything you can keep crossed is much appreciated!

Debs - I think I'll need it! I haven't started yet, ooops. That's not a good start!